We have not yet finalized our policies for this fall, but there will be COVID-19 precautions in place, which is likely to including employee masking and vaccination.
What: Attend a Fall 2022 Employment Open House!
Who: You! Anyone interested in working at Cox Farms for Fall Festival and/or Fields of Fear.
When: You can view dates and sign up for a session here.
Where: 15621 Braddock Road, Centreville, VA 20120 at our NEW Fall Market. Enter at Braddock Road/main entrance and head towards the windmill. Look for the large barn with the green roof.
Why: As part of the application process, all applicants must attend the Open House event in order to complete an interview.
Cox Farms is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Cox Farms is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open House FAQ’s
What is an Employment Open House? What can I expect?
What will the interview be like? What will you ask me about? What are you looking for?
- An Open House is the interview part of your application process. You will go through a few short interviews and activities with different members of the management team.
Do I have to attend an Open House?
- The interview is fairly casual, as far as job interviews go, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously. It does mean, however, that you should not dress up; wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothes. This is a farm and we will be outside. Masks are required for applicants and employees.
- We’ll ask you about all sorts of stuff… some of it will be similar to the topics discussed in the application, and some of it may seem random. We will even play some games!
- We’re looking for a number of things. We want to get to know you, to get a sense of who you are, your personality and temperament. This helps us assess whether you and Cox Farms would be a good "fit”, and what positions/jobs might be best for you. So, we’re looking for you to be yourself.
Do I sign up for an Open House? Do I need an invitation to attend?
- Yes, all new applicants must attend an Open House. Since we have so many new applicants to hire in a short time, we provide Open House sessions so that multiple managers can assess multiple applicants in a single session.
I can’t attend the Open House scheduled. Can I schedule another time to interview?
- You do need to sign up for interviews, but you do not need an invitation. Just show up at the Corner Market for one of the sessions.
I don’t have enough time to fill out an application before the Open House. Can I still attend even if I haven’t already applied?
- We only post one or two Open House dates at a time, but we are planning on having several sessions between now and Labor Day. Keep checking workingatcoxfarms.com for more dates.
How long does the Open House last?
- Absolutely! As long as you sign up for the Open House (link above) you may attend the session.
Can I bring my kids/parents/friend?
- The amount of time you’ll spend at the Open House varies based on what time you get there, and how many other people are ahead of you. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled time slot.
What if it’s raining?
- Only folks who will be applying may attend the Open House.
I worked Fall Festival and/or Fields of Fear last year and loved it! If I want to work again, do I have to come to another Open House?
- The show must go on! We have covered areas in our market to keep everyone relatively dry.
- Employees who successfully completed the 2021 season (
finished season in good standing, received high scores on the end-of-season evaluations by captains and leaders, etc.) will automatically be invited back to work Fall 2022. We will send out employment invites via email in late July. But don’t be shy! If you have not heard from us by August 5th, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Past employees who did not work Fall 2021 should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.